2009. március 12., csütörtök


Valakinek megirtam ezt a sztorit angolul, úgyhogy ha már elkészült egyszer akkor berakom ide:

"You wouldn't believe this: I arrived to California just 2 days ago, 5 weeks of training and racing. The day before the trip I did a short training session and on the way home on a downhill, a car almost killed me..Seriously, it was THAT close.

I manouvered out so we did not collide but I took a spill at quite high speed... Some 6 people came to help me, and even though I could stand up my head was bleeding..Ambulance took me in, they stiched my head, had a lot of xray, ultrasound, etc..The worst in all that the damn bastard who drove the Audi A6, ran away.Fortunately, there were about 6 witnesses, car was identified the same day, guess what, it belongs to the Tesco supermarket chain..

I got home at 6 pm, had to pack my stuff, I went to bed 1 AM, got up 5:20 AM, off to airport, took the first flight to Frankfurt, then the second one to Dallas.. I landed in Dallas after ca. 13 hours already, then everything that could go wrong, went wrong: I went thru immigration control pretty easy, picking up my bag, but the one with all my clothes did not come..The belt was empty, I wasted at least 30 mins there, then I reported lost bagggage.. Off to customs control, I had to go out a check in for the Dallas-LA flight..I got the worst customs officer, he sent me off to secondary inspection, where only officers worked, very slow, and 4 person waited infront of me in line.. Thanks God a nicer old fellow officer took his spot and I got him, while the other one who sent me here was searching every bag and every item with the poor guys who had to get into his hands, my guy just opened my a bike bag a little, blinked in, asked a few questions then let me go..

Obviously, after I this I missed the connecting flight. They rescheduled me for another one later, they changed boarding gates twice, I started to get quite mad and tired, this was somewhere 17 hours into the trip already, out of the 18 hours planned.. Guess what, our plane did not arrive on time from San Diego, so add up another 40 minutes to turn around the plane - I have finally left damned Dallas Ft Worth (which is indeed a good looking airport, unlike all american airports) after having spent 5+ hours there. Plane was full, seats were tight, still, I was so dead, I slept in for almost the entire flight that took 3 hours. Around 9:30 local time we landed in LAX (add 8 hours to that,back home it's next morning already, so I was already over 24 hrs travelling). Picked up my bike bag, met my friend Mark who was waiting for me and then off to American Sucker Airlines to report the missing bag.. "Brain surgeon" black woman with approx IQ 50 assisted me to file my claim, she filled in almost any data wrong, correcting each one at a time, then walking to the printer to bring me the new print - she had the street name, number, etc. wrong even if I told her 5 times. "Is Budapest a country?" she asked, when I told her my home address.. At this point we had to laugh to make her feel somewhat embarrassed, because she was not nice, there were about 10 other people raging about missing bags, a younger dude with a souther accent told us meanwhile, how he got 5 missing bags in just 2 months, all on American Airlines flights.. Obviously I asked about reimboursement or something,because any normal airline would pay a fee for each day without bags..guess what, the answer was "you are only eligible to that after 36 hours of bag delay.." Filed that claim, off to highway, arrived in Costa Mesa, got in bed at half past 11 local time.. It was a nightmare trip."


Just one day after all this, I am happy to be on my bike, riding easily along the Pacific Coast in sunny 20 celsius...WEEKEND IS RACE TIME!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése